Monday, February 22, 2010

Promo card

I decided that I would send out 3-4 promotional cards to childrens book publishers this year. I got some really great jobs from previous cards that I've done in the past. It's also a great way to get art buyers to look at your website - to remind them who you are and what you do. Modern Postcard has produced all of my cards to date. I've had a great experience with them. The cost for a standard 4.25x6 postcard (500 cards) is rougly $130. More importantly, their customer service is fabulous.

I wanted to show publishers a new art style I've been working on. It involves block prints and mixed media. I came up with this "look" when I took a two-week course at Haystack, the crafts school in Maine. Below is the postcard I sent out last week to over 200 editors and art directors:


And here's the backside:

1 comment:

jon said...

That card looks really great, Jamie. I'll we watching to see how it works as a promo tool.

And we've used Modern postcard for years. You're right -- they're a very solid company.

Jon Bard

Managing Editor, Children's Book Insider, the Newsletter for Children's Writers
http://cbiclubhouse.com