Friday, February 5, 2010

Best Eraser


When I found out that Pearl in Cambridge was closing, I panicked. It's the only art supply store where I can find my favorite erasers. I've only been able to buy them at Pearl, and they're not available on the their website. So I did a search on Google and found them at Askew-Taylor Paints and ordered some.

I never seem to be without one of these in my hand. They're the best kneaded erasers around. Soft, supple, and perfect for lifting lead, eraser "crumbs", and for softening colored pencil. I've tried a lot of the different brands, and find this one to be the best. Plus the erasers last a long, long time. Most of the other brands are too hard and difficult to knead. FC also makes them in primary colors but they aren't the same. For some reason that I don't understand, they are much too sticky.

No comments: